• July 19, 2024
    << July 2024 >>
    S M T W T F S
    1 2 3 4 5 6
    7 8 9 10 11 12 13
    14 15 16 17 18 19 20
    21 22 23 24 25 26 27
    28 29 30 31
    Member Login


    Not registered yet?
    Click Here to sign-up

    Forgot Your Login?
    Action Center
    Email Account Problems
    Please fill out form if problems accessing your email account.
  • Accidental Two-Alarm Springfield Townhouse Fire
    Updated On: Jul 11, 2013

    Fort Belvoir FES (T463) and Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department units responded to a townhouse fire, Saturday, January 22, 2011, at approximately 7:55 a.m. in the Springfield area of Fairfax County. The townhouse is located at 6827 Clowser Court.

    Firefighters saw heavy smoke and fire coming from the rear of the two-story, end unit townhouse upon arrival. As several firefighters entered the front door to attack the seat of the fire, the crew reported a flashover of fire in front and behind them. Backup exterior crews quickly entered the front of the home and assisted the surrounded firefighters to safety. The occupants were inside the home and were able to escape prior to firefighters arriving. The Incident Commander struck a second alarm, bringing approximately 60 firefighters to the scene. It took firefighters approximately 15 minutes to bring the fire under control. The fire started in the kitchen, however, the fire spread and resulted in residual damage throughout both floors of the home. Smoke alarms were present in the home, but did not activate. A total of three adults, and one youth have been displaced. Red Cross is assisting the displaced occupants. One adult female occupant was medevaced to the Washington Hospital Burn Center for life-threatening injuries. Two other adults were treated at the scene but were not transported. Four firefighters were transported to Inova Fairfax Hospital for non-life threatening injuries.

    Damage is estimated at approximately $200,000.

    According to fire investigators, the fire was accidental. Food left unattended on the stove caused the fire.



  • IAFF Local F-273

    Copyright © 2024.
    All Rights Reserved.

    Powered By UnionActive

    336874 hits since Jan 01, 2022

  • Top of Page image